Translate

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Recent Pix

Although a picture may be worth a thousand words, I will add a few words too.

 This summer I added an outdoor sink to my work area. I got it for $10 from the neighbor and made the stand for it. Surprisingly (to me) the legs were even and the sink sank into the frame. It has been a useful addition.


 I really wanted the outdoor furniture I saw at Sam's Club, but I could not pay $300 for each chair. All other sets I saw did not seem comfortable. Finally BigLots! had their end of summer sale and I found something comfortable. The chairs have a slight swivel/rock motion to them. The set was totally unassembled. It was a good buy.




 Walk through the cemetery with your camera and show me your pictures. This was once an image of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Now it is something best fitting of Halloween. At what point do you remove what you bring to the cemetery, or do you ever?












No it is not "Wedding Barbie." This is the front window of the local "hierberia" and "santeria" store. It look eerily similar to the previous picture from the cemetery.











Highway signs

"Stripes" is a regional convenience store chain. I liked the three dimensional cup dispenser effect. I need to go back in the morning for better light and maybe less traffic.

 Pronto Insurance has done a good job with their ad campaign locally. I hear positive comments regularly. I don't how many people that relate to the ads go out and buy from the company though.


 


Gus - through the looking glass

     I have made some progress in getting Gus to get into a vehicle. At first he would not go near and resisted the pull. Once inside he was a bundle of high anxiety. Slowly the anxiety diminished, but he still did not seem comfortable riding. His behavior has progressed to the point that he is not fearful of the vehicle and will walk right up to the open door and may put both front paws on the seat or in the open door. However he still has not figured out how to maneuver his rear end to jump in. Once I lift him in he is comfortable, and dare I say happy to go for a ride. These pix depict what I see when I look out to the passenger side rear view mirror.





No comments:

Post a Comment