Translate

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Only in South Texas 3

I see this sign from the highway. The first thing that popped into my head was "Is this where a sloth would come for a pedicure?" One Nail?



There was a documentary years ago that chronicled the Rio Grande Valley as two cultures separated by one river. Everyone would know what these folks sell. Many in the area might not know that spelling was an issue.

This decal was on a sporty looking car, but I don't remember the make - not Ferrari. I continue to look for the huge fancy truck that had a decal, "Powered by Frijoles." It was in front of me at a stop light but I could not get my camera out fast enough before it drove away.

The local flea markets in the area are very busy Wednesday through Sunday. The bad spelling does not surprise me at the flea markets. What surprises me are the people who are buying flat screen TVs, microwave ovens, and other appliances. You take it home and it does not work, are you going to find the seller again?

The flea markets are getting classier. The markets have many eating establishments, some are stand-up, others sit-down. This one is class all the way - menudo, guacamole, and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment