Translate

Friday, July 20, 2012

Misc. Pix

Today is the day, July 20, 2012.  Here are some pictures that I had been meaning to post.

Gus update:
     He continues to do well. He plays fetch, but is not obsessed. He decides when to quit. He just does not bring it back and wanders off to something else.



 The mention of "where is the squirrel?" gets him looking up into the trees. "Where is the lizard" and he goes darting to the side of the house and plant areas. He has yet to catch either.













His favorite activity is sleeping and this is his favorite sleeping position.


 When my niece was out of town, I watched her dog Coco and Gus had a play date weekend. I thought that Coco would help in getting Gus into the truck. It did not work. The only way that Coco will interact with Gus is if Gus learns how to toss the tennis ball.


Plants:
    One of these days, I will have a south Texas pineapple.  I don't remember when I planted the pineapple top, but is has been growing steadily.


I think it has been 2 years since I got this plumeria stem in the mail - all the way from Hawaii. The leaves come and go, but it survived the big freeze. I am waiting for more growth before planting it int he ground.

At the Hilo WalMart, I bought two packaged Tea Plant roots. One was red and the other green. Even though I followed the growing instructions, the root-lings took their time growing. Although I cannot distinguish the red from the green, they are both growing and looking good.  Both pots seem to have acquired "squatters."


I saw that Lowe's sells Tea Plants for $8. It might have been easier and cheaper, but I can say, I brought these roots from the Big Island of Hawaii and miracle of miracles, I got them to grow.















No comments:

Post a Comment