Translate

Monday, July 2, 2012

More Cemetery Images

This falls under the category of what were they thinking.

 This mouning image is striking, until you see it 100 times. You can't tell someone, "He's buried with the mounring angle."
 I do not know if this is a single family grvae or a site owned by the cemetery. It was being worked on so I do not know how it will be finished or how they will get to the stairs leading down into the depths of ----the tomb.

This one caught my eye because of the name Fraga. I know some people in WA by that name. This "curio cabinet" motif is also popular in the cemetery. There is a picture of the dearly departed, along with a rosary and other religious objects. The box in the center had a can of coke, a can of beer, and to the side, the head of a broom. On top of the box was a roll/ package of crackers.


 This cube caught my eye because of the simplicity of the design and the over the top finishes. The glass cross is on both sides of the cube. I don't know what kind of stone it is, but it looks expensive.


 I saw this and immediately thought of granite counter in the kitchen. This was granite all around, including the backsplash.



If the statue in the center had been of an Egyptian goddess, I would say that Cleopatra was buried here.  The clue to this are the two sphinxes atop the columns. The glass doors hide a stairs that lead down. It could be a multiplex housing for the dead.
I hope you enjoyed the trip through Pateon de Dolores, through the gates of never-never-land.






No comments:

Post a Comment