Translate

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Miscellaneous



Gus continues his hunt for the evil squirrels. They are in the trees and run along the power lines. Sometimes they stop and swish their tails back and forth. I think and Gus thinks that they are doing it to taunt him.


 I continue to take Gus to the cemetery in the late afternoon. He can explore, chase lizards, some rabbits, and those elusive squirrels. He can do this in the safety of the enclosed space.  The cemetery shares a fence with a nature preserve on the south side. Right now there are 200-300 "turkey vultures" hanging out there. I was told that they migrate south this time of year. I took this later afternoon picture as a trial for a later attempt. As the sun is setting they hord or covey of vultures are gliding back and forth finding their tree. I simply urge Gus to keep moving. We don't want to provide them with a meal.

I will have a new cemetery entry Christmas in the Cemetery. I have started to see the decorations around the tombstones.Coming soon.


 I recently got a new camera that allows me to do closeups. This is a rosemary plant in bloom. I did not know that they knew how to do that.

 This one is the bloom of  a purple sweet potato vine.









As best that I could find, this is a succulent known as "paddle plant." The leaves are thick and green. When the plant is in full sun they get the red coloration. They grow easily and multiply well. I did not know they bloomed. This plant has the beginnings of the bloom.

In the photo below, the bloom shaft has begun to grow.





I have a plant with a riser that is about 4 feet tall.
This is what all the fuss is about. I am curious to see what comes next. Maybe these are the pods from outer space.





Finally the bloom from an aloe vera plant.





No comments:

Post a Comment