Translate

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Wreaths


Almost a year ago, one of my nieces introduced me to the craft of making "deco-mesh ribbon wreaths." She had recently learned herself. I learned what she knew and the Christmas wreath I made I thought was great. A year later, my friend in San Antonio is also into the deco-mesh, but she has perfected the skills. I learned from her and redid the original wreath. The close-up above is part of that wreath. The new wreath is so much better. It is on the front side of the house. (below)

Passersby ask about it: where did I get it? can I make one for them? how much will I charge? I get the same reactions and questions about the decoration of the front door. (below)


However, the folks in this part of town are not about to spend $40 or $75 for a wreath. They want to barter down to less than $10. My friend in San Antonio sells hers at a base price of $40 and up depending on size and extra dodads that may be added.

The one below is one the east side of the house and it sits close to Santa. Except for the door, all have lights intertwined.




I made wreaths for my sister and my nieces as well, below.



The good thing about these is that they store as flat as possible and can then be pooffed up next year. The ribbon can be removed and saved, when you need to update or change colors. 

If you want to place a wreath order you know how to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment