Translate

Sunday, June 2, 2013

2013 Projects 3

Patio project:
     One of the first things I did, when I moved back to Texas, was to create a patio. It was working well getting shade from the large ebony tree and a patio umbrella. One day a strong southerly wind had its way with the umbrella. Since was the third umbrella that had met a ghastly end, I decided not to spend the money on another.
    I used shade fabric, steel cables, and this was the result.
 The fabric allows filtered light into the space. In case of strong winds, I can retract the fabric and tied it under the carport. So far it has worked well.





Gazing Ball
You see these in the stores and they look pretty. Not all maintain their color, though. This was one of the poor ones. I have had these before and have tried painting them and filling them with colored foil, but have not had luck in maintaining them.  

This year I tried some thing different. Hobby Lobby was glad to sell me some jewels. Using plenty of hot glue and patience, I liked the end product.


It adds light to a dar spot under the tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment