Translate

Saturday, June 1, 2013

2013 Projects - Part 1

There is always something to do. These things sometimes arise from one day to the next and others lie dormant on a list or in my head waiting to come to life.

Cork wreath - This project has been in my head for a long time, before I left Washington. I had started collecting corks with the idea of replicating a wreath I had seen somewhere. This bag of corks seemed to always be in the way, from this closet to that one, to the storage room. So that I did not wind up tossing them and so that they would be out of the way, I finally got around to making the cork wreath.

If you want to make such a wreath, drink wine and have friends that drink wine. You will need many corks. It does not matter if they are real cork or plastic. I decided to use them in combination.  You will also need a hefty supply of glue sticks..
I saw pictures of such wreaths on the Internet and some had the corks laying flat and orderly, and some had them hap-hazardously glued on.  This is what I did.









 I used a 24 inch straw ring base. I think  foam one would have been better. It took three days, on and off. I waited for the glue to dry thoroughly when I was doing the interior of the ring and the base of it.
I'll drink to that.

Landscaping:
    The east side of the property was weedy and covered with brown dried grass. I may  have chosen the wrong seed last year. I bought a small tiller because it seemed that I was renting one every year. I got rid of the old stuff and bought new grass seed. I watered and I watered and I watered. This is what it looked like.
 I either got dead seeds or ???? After a couple of soaking rains within a week's period, I started to see grass. Did I forget to tell you that I added new seeds? So I do not know if the grass that is growing is the new or the old. In any case, the area is green-looking. I will not allow anyone to do a close inspection of the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment