Translate

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Grandview update

My return to Washington for a quick visit went very well. I attended graduation and saw some of my students walk past as Rad Techs, RNs, and university transfer students. I also got to visit briefly with some of my former colleagues.

The trip opened my eyes to how expensive it is in Washington. I filled my gas tank in Weslaco at $2.99, using a discount card. If I had a Safeway card my gas in WA would have been $3.85, no card price - $3.95.  My breakfast at IHOP was almost $3 more expensive in WA. I also thought that the restaurant lunch specials were high around $10.


Here are some pictures of the Grandview Campus, exterior and interior remodel, and downtown Grandview.







The Grandview downtown area was very nicely landscaped.



The Grandview Campus is being remodeled.  The entry courtyard will disappear as will the original entry walkway. The courtyard will become an entry foyer, roofed with some skylights. The space will be furnished with comfy seating. The workers were installing a temporary wall to begin taking down the exterior wall. 

The existing halls on either side of the courtyard will disappear and classrooms will exit onto the vast seating area. I asked about the potential noise levels for those classrooms.




 Where these men are standing is the line between inside the building and out - after the remodel.
The temporary wall in front of the computer labs and room 115.


The length of this hallway, from the ABE wing to the Bookstore wing, will have new flooring and be repainted. 


1 comment:

  1. Looks good. What does it say about us that they start the remodel AFTER we leave? ;-)

    ReplyDelete