Translate

Saturday, June 1, 2013

2013 Projects Part 2

This project was an "all of a sudden" project. For a while I had been thinking or buying a cabinet/vanity for the bathroom, to replace the sink hanging from the wall. I needed some counter space for the toothbrush holder, mouthwash, etc. After pricing these at the Lowe's and Home Depot stores, I decided to wait - and wait.

I found some left over pieces from the kitchen counter top project and thought that maybe I could make a "counter" with those. I had some 2X4s and I made the following.

I had my desired space, but I also had the ugly 2X4 frame that I had used. My neighbor collects and sells  junk and cardboard and anything else he finds. He had given me a sheet of pegboard that I had not gotten around to using. All of a sudden I had a cover for the 2X4s.

How do I cover the stuff under the sink? I decided to follow the pegboard pattern and found some fabric at WalMart, along with a tension rod, about $5 for both. I am seeing a pattern.


What to do about the shower curtain. I looked online and locally for something that would compliment the dot pattern. I found some that I could not afford. After much thought, I came up with the solution.

I had found a curtain that my niece had left here when she moved out. I did not want to use an all black curtain so I used the left-over material from the little curtain and the result is this.
 I hand-sewed the strips of fabric. Although they did not turn out completely straight, the effect is there. I added some sparkle to the top, and found the two rugs for less than $10.

A last minute thing was adding the back-splash. These tiles were also left-overs from the kitchen project. I also had some left-over grout.














The final touch was to paint the doors to that storage unit - glossy black. I decided to leave the accent wall untouched.  After it was all done, I think I spent less than $20.


No comments:

Post a Comment